Voluntary web design opportunities - improve your portfolio

Nick

DU said:
Nick wrote:

[snipped]
FFS I'm not running an sweatshop with slaves writing content for me for free
because I force them to. Clearly everyone else in the world is paid
megabucks for their website, and always has been, and I'm the only
enthusiastic unpaid amateur who reads this newsgroup. The concept seems
entirely alien to alt.html.

There is a general rule in this world which states you get paid to work
for someone else. Equal pay for an equal work. This concept is entirely
alien to your website/business. Now, I just don't care how much
explaining you can do, how many promises you make, how many commitments
you take, how much reading you do on internet/newsgroup, the point, the
fact and the matter is that you do not pay people who work on your
website. What's so difficult to understand here?

What you've just said is hard to understand because it seems to have worked
fairly well up until now. Most of the really good British television
websites are published in this way. So is the only really good American one.
After posting 7 messages in this thread, you still can not even give the
url of your site. And you expect people just to drop in and work for you
for free. From which planet do you come? The planet of the apes?

The url, then, is http://www.tvtoday.co.uk, my full name is Nick Hall.

Nick