Volunteer Programmers Needed for Katrina Relief Effort!

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by joncutrer@gmail.com, Sep 6, 2005.

    Myself and many other Open Source developers have joined forces to
    create http://www.disastersearch.org/. One of the main features of the
    website is a unified missing persons/evacuee database. We are working
    to import various widespread lists and dbs into on large db.

    What we need are people like you that are well versed in regex to
    create automated import script for the database. In most cases it
    would be extracting the data from within HTML tables.

    The website is running on the Mambo content management system and the
    database is mysql. We need these applications to import directly to
    the database, so no mambo experince is require.

    If interested in volunteering please contact myself or Scott Polk
    (scott717 -AT~ gmail ~DOT` com).

    Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan Cutrer (joncutrer -AT~ gmail ~DOT` com )
    , Sep 6, 2005