VPN configuration activex/api/sdk for windows

musikit

hello,

i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
activex component or a API or SDK for this?

Victor Bazarov

i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
activex component or a API or SDK for this?

Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

musikit

Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
microsoft.

if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.

Victor Bazarov

yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
microsoft.

REALLY? None in the "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy?

And what's in your question specific to C++? ActiveX? API?
SDK? Not one of those things says "C++".
if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.

I wonder what else you are hoping for. VPN is off-topic.

musikit

REALLY? None in the "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy?

And what's in your question specific to C++? ActiveX? API?
SDK? Not one of those things says "C++".

I wonder what else you are hoping for. VPN is off-topic.

i was looking in comp.programming.* considering i was interested in
computer programming. thank you for informing me that the computer
programming newsgroups specific to MS are in a non-logic spot.

Stuart Redmann

[snipped OP's OT question]

yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
microsoft.
[snip]

i was looking in comp.programming.* considering i was interested in
computer programming. thank you for informing me that the computer
programming newsgroups specific to MS are in a non-logic spot.

Non-logic depends on our point of view. As those newsgroups have been created by
MS, they were free to put the most important name (from _their_ point of view)
to the front of the newsgroup name. I agree that searching the newsgroup names
for C++ doesn't yield the MS Visual C++ related newsgroup (how should one know
that Visual C++ is abbreviated into 'vc'?) This is most probably the reason why
so many Visual C++ related questions end up in comp.lang.c++ or
comp.lang.c++.moderated.

Regards,
Stuart