    a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
    activex component or a API or SDK for this?
    , Nov 12, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
    > a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
    > activex component or a API or SDK for this?

    Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 12, 2007

    On Nov 12, 2:51 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > i'm trying to build a software product that will auto setup/configure
    > > a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS provides an
    > > activex component or a API or SDK for this?

    > Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

    yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
    microsoft.

    if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.
    , Nov 12, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > On Nov 12, 2:51 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> i'm trying to build a software product that will auto
    >>> setup/configure a VPN connection on windows. does anyone know if MS
    >>> provides an activex component or a API or SDK for this?

    >> Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

    >> --

    > yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
    > microsoft.

    REALLY? None in the "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy?

    And what's in your question specific to C++? ActiveX? API?
    SDK? Not one of those things says "C++".

    > if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.

    I wonder what else you are hoping for. VPN is off-topic.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 12, 2007

    On Nov 12, 3:23 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > wrote:

    > >> Wouldn't it rather make sense to ask in a MS-specific newsgroup?

    > >> --
    > >> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
    > >> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

    > > yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
    > > microsoft.

    > REALLY? None in the "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy?
    >
    > And what's in your question specific to C++? ActiveX? API?
    > SDK? Not one of those things says "C++".
    >
    > > if anyone has any helpful advice i would very much appreciate it.

    > I wonder what else you are hoping for. VPN is off-topic.

    i was looking in comp.programming.* considering i was interested in
    computer programming. thank you for informing me that the computer
    programming newsgroups specific to MS are in a non-logic spot.
    , Nov 12, 2007
  6. [snipped OP's OT question]

    wrote:

    >yes it would but was unable to find one specific to C++ and
    >microsoft.

    [snip]

    > i was looking in comp.programming.* considering i was interested in
    > computer programming. thank you for informing me that the computer
    > programming newsgroups specific to MS are in a non-logic spot.

    Non-logic depends on our point of view. As those newsgroups have been created by
    MS, they were free to put the most important name (from _their_ point of view)
    to the front of the newsgroup name. I agree that searching the newsgroup names
    for C++ doesn't yield the MS Visual C++ related newsgroup (how should one know
    that Visual C++ is abbreviated into 'vc'?) This is most probably the reason why
    so many Visual C++ related questions end up in comp.lang.c++ or
    comp.lang.c++.moderated.

    Regards,
    Stuart
    Stuart Redmann, Nov 13, 2007