VPN for C++ application. cannot map folders on my computer.

Discussion in 'C++' started by Dawoodi Bohra, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. VPN connected but cannot map folders on my computer.

    I am trying to connect to our headquarters server using VPN (windows
    XP).
    I am able to successfully connect to the server (passes authentication)
    but am not able to map network drive on my computer.

    I was able to map the network drive on my colleague's computer and I
    successfully installed the application and his computer is working
    flawlessly.

    Also I have to uncheck (use default gateway on remote network) option
    under TCP/IP -> advanced settings for me to surf the web/ check email
    while I am connected to the VPN.

    My colleagues IP settings are as follows:
    Ethernet adapter settings:
    IP address: 192.168.1.155
    Subnet mask:255.255.255.0
    Default gateway:192.168.1.254

    PPP adapter
    IP address: 169.254.89.14
    Subnet mask:255.255.255.255
    Default gateway:169.254.89.14

    My IP settings (of the comp that is not able to map the network drive)
    Ethernet adapter settings:
    IP address: 192.168.1.103
    Subnet mask:255.255.255.0

    PPP adapter
    IP address: 169.254.103.134
    Subnet mask:255.255.255.255
    Default gateway: 169.254.103.134

    Also I was able to connect to the server earlier during the week:- but
    now I am not able to do so.

    Something tells me there is a mistake at the corporate server,
    There is somehow an IP conflict at their end which is causing an error
    here
    There error comes up when I try to map the network drive.
    "Network path \\xxxx\xxx could not be found"

    But the big guns are there, hence I have to be completely sure that I
    have all the bases covered at my end before I point the finger at them.

    I have tried to explain the problem as detailed as possible.
    I have a working instance of the VPN connection and mine doesn't
    work. That's frustrating.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Dawoodi Bohra, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Dawoodi Bohra

    mlimber Guest

    Dawoodi Bohra wrote:
    > VPN connected but cannot map folders on my computer.

    [...]
    > Any help will be appreciated.

    The best help we can give you here: Post in a more a relevant
    newsgroup. This one deals with the standard C++ *language*, not
    networking or VPNs or third-party libraries that do those things
    (http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9).

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Nov 27, 2006

  3. have done it.