VPN for C++ application. cannot map folders on my computer.

Dawoodi Bohra

VPN connected but cannot map folders on my computer.

I am trying to connect to our headquarters server using VPN (windows
XP).
I am able to successfully connect to the server (passes authentication)
but am not able to map network drive on my computer.

I was able to map the network drive on my colleague's computer and I
successfully installed the application and his computer is working
flawlessly.

Also I have to uncheck (use default gateway on remote network) option
under TCP/IP -> advanced settings for me to surf the web/ check email
while I am connected to the VPN.

My colleagues IP settings are as follows:
Ethernet adapter settings:
IP address: 192.168.1.155
Subnet mask:255.255.255.0
Default gateway:192.168.1.254

PPP adapter
IP address: 169.254.89.14
Subnet mask:255.255.255.255
Default gateway:169.254.89.14

My IP settings (of the comp that is not able to map the network drive)
Ethernet adapter settings:
IP address: 192.168.1.103
Subnet mask:255.255.255.0

PPP adapter
IP address: 169.254.103.134
Subnet mask:255.255.255.255
Default gateway: 169.254.103.134

Also I was able to connect to the server earlier during the week:- but
now I am not able to do so.

Something tells me there is a mistake at the corporate server,
There is somehow an IP conflict at their end which is causing an error
here
There error comes up when I try to map the network drive.
"Network path \\xxxx\xxx could not be found"

But the big guns are there, hence I have to be completely sure that I
have all the bases covered at my end before I point the finger at them.

I have tried to explain the problem as detailed as possible.
I have a working instance of the VPN connection and mine doesn't
work. That's frustrating.

Any help will be appreciated.