vprintf / va-arg on sttreams

Johan

Hi,

Does anyone know how to use the vprintf ( variable arguments ) routine on
c++ stream (ofstream for example ). Is there some class / library you can
use ?

regards

Johan

Attila Feher

Johan said:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to use the vprintf ( variable arguments )
routine on c++ stream (ofstream for example ). Is there some class /
library you can use ?

IIRC the only portable way is to print into a string (character buffer I
mean) with vsprintf and then print that formatted stuff. I might be
mistaken (and hope to be corrected then) but AFAIK the standard library has
no way to convert C++ streams to C FILE*.