Vruby Question on Processing Keyboard Input

lrlebron

I am new to Ruby and even newer to vruby so bear with me. I have a
simple application that has a text box. I would like to track when the
user hits Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-A and Ctrl-V so that my program behaves
the same way other windows program do.

I have looked at the vruby documentation and samples but have not found
anything that explains how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Luis

Axel

... I would like to track when the
user hits Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-A and Ctrl-V so that my program behaves
the same way other windows program do.

Does Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V already work "out of the box"? (I think
so.)

- Axel

lrlebron

I wish it would. As far a I understand you have to write code to handle
the keyboard events and capture when a user uses a particular key or
keys.

Axel

I wish it would. As far a I understand you have to write code to handle
the keyboard events and capture when a user uses a particular key or
keys.

Hmm, some years ago, I wrote a little application using vruby. I just
started it, and there is an edit box in it and I can copy and paste
text with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. I'did not code anything special for
making it work. One thing I remember is, that I had to change "oemfont"
or something like this, but I think, this was not neccessary in order
to get Ctrl-C... working.

BTW, "subclstest.rb" in the samples dir could be interesting. (But I
think, it is not neccessary for what you want.) Do you have/find it?

- Axel

lrlebron

I found the script. Thanks for the tip. But the script only handles
single key presses. It does not handle key combinations. It does get me
closer to a solution though.

thanks,

Luis

Axel

Could you post your code, or part of it?

And, is it right, that you just want to copy and paste text within your
editbox or from another Windows app to/from your vruby editbox, using
Ctrl-C, X, Z?

- Axel

lrlebron

After taking a closer look at the program I noticed that Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X
and Ctrl-V work. The only one that does not work is Ctrl-A. Here's a
sample of the code

require 'vr/vruby'
require 'vr/vrcontrol'
require 'vr/vrcomctl'
require 'vr/vrtooltip'

class TestForm <VRForm

def construct
self.caption = 'NFL Stats'
self.move(140,124,760,531)

addControl(VRText,'text1',"",16,16,725,350,WStyle::WS_VSCROLL)

end

end

VRLocalScreen.start(TestForm)