VRuby tabstop question

Domenic Padula

Does anyone know how to get tabstops to work while using VRuby? I'm new
to ruby but have written a gui and have multiple text and edit boxes I'd
like navigate between using the tab key. I am thinking I have to capture
it as an event but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't
seem to find much information about the WS_TABSTOP function.

Thanks

Steve Tuckner

Does anyone know how to get tabstops to work while using VRuby? I'm new
to ruby but have written a gui and have multiple text and edit boxes I'd
like navigate between using the tab key. I am thinking I have to capture
it as an event but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't
seem to find much information about the WS_TABSTOP function.

Thanks

VRuby as it ships doesn't support tabbing in Forms. It is supported by
Windows when doing dialogs as long as WS_TABSTOP is set for a control.
The library VRTools (gem install VRTools) allows you support this. Check
out example1.rb to see how it works.

Steve Tuckner

Domenic P.

Steve said:
VRuby as it ships doesn't support tabbing in Forms. It is supported by
Windows when doing dialogs as long as WS_TABSTOP is set for a control.
The library VRTools (gem install VRTools) allows you support this. Check
out example1.rb to see how it works.

Steve Tuckner

Thanks. I'll take a look. WS_TABSTOP is set but I just get a system beep
ever time I hit the tab key. I'll take a look at example1.rb.

Domenic P.

Steve said:
VRuby as it ships doesn't support tabbing in Forms. It is supported by
Windows when doing dialogs as long as WS_TABSTOP is set for a control.
The library VRTools (gem install VRTools) allows you support this. Check
out example1.rb to see how it works.

Steve Tuckner

Steve,
I of course can't get it to work (because I'm not a very good
programmer). I am curious as to why there is a WS_TABSTOP function if
it doesn't work in vruby. Was it just not implimented correctly?

Thanks,
Domenic