    it as an event but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't
    seem to find much information about the WS_TABSTOP function.

    Thanks

    Domenic Padula, Sep 29, 2006

  2. On Saturday, September 30, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Domenic Padula wrote:
    >Does anyone know how to get tabstops to work while using VRuby? I'm new
    >to ruby but have written a gui and have multiple text and edit boxes I'd
    >like navigate between using the tab key. I am thinking I have to capture
    >it as an event but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't
    >seem to find much information about the WS_TABSTOP function.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >--

    VRuby as it ships doesn't support tabbing in Forms. It is supported by
    Windows when doing dialogs as long as WS_TABSTOP is set for a control.
    The library VRTools (gem install VRTools) allows you support this. Check
    out example1.rb to see how it works.

    Steve Tuckner
    --
    Posted with http://DevLists.com. Sign up and save your mailbox.

    Steve Tuckner, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Domenic Padula

    Domenic P. Guest

    Steve Tuckner wrote:
    > On Saturday, September 30, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Domenic Padula wrote:
    >>

    > VRuby as it ships doesn't support tabbing in Forms. It is supported by
    > Windows when doing dialogs as long as WS_TABSTOP is set for a control.
    > The library VRTools (gem install VRTools) allows you support this. Check
    > out example1.rb to see how it works.
    >
    > Steve Tuckner

    Thanks. I'll take a look. WS_TABSTOP is set but I just get a system beep
    ever time I hit the tab key. I'll take a look at example1.rb.

    Domenic P., Sep 29, 2006
  4. Domenic Padula

    Domenic P. Guest

    Steve Tuckner wrote:
    > On Saturday, September 30, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Domenic Padula wrote:
    >>

    > VRuby as it ships doesn't support tabbing in Forms. It is supported by
    > Windows when doing dialogs as long as WS_TABSTOP is set for a control.
    > The library VRTools (gem install VRTools) allows you support this. Check
    > out example1.rb to see how it works.
    >
    > Steve Tuckner

    Steve,
    I of course can't get it to work (because I'm not a very good
    programmer). I am curious as to why there is a WS_TABSTOP function if
    it doesn't work in vruby. Was it just not implimented correctly?

    Thanks,
    Domenic

    Domenic P., Oct 12, 2006