VS 05 IDE question

Jonn

OK, I have VS 05 installed on 2 boxes and it was installed from the same
DVD. One is a laptop and one is a desktop.

On the desktop I can run a application without being in debug mode I select
Debug -- > run without debugging. On the desktop I can also change the build
configuration to 'release'. I change this by going to 'build -- >
configuration manager --> then i can change it from debug to release.

Now on my laptop I don't have any of these options. I only have Debug -->
start debugging
and Debug as an option on the config manager.

So what would cause my laptop to not have 'release' in the config manager
and why do I have to run every app in debug mode? I do mean every app, from
a web service, winForm app to a web app.

Jonn

yes it happens with all projects i create.
Normally when i run a web app I get the debug message and select run without
debugging then I'm fine, I'm able to run web apps all day without debugging
or being prompted, I'm being prompted every time I run the apps/.