    When is vs2008 due out?

    Many Thanks

    Regards
    John, Oct 18, 2007

  2. John

    Rory Becker Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > When is vs2008 due out?

    This year.

    Some have suggested December

    --
    Rory
    Rory Becker, Oct 18, 2007

  3. John

    bruce barker Guest

    2/27/2008 is the offical release date

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    John wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > When is vs2008 due out?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Regards

    bruce barker, Oct 18, 2007
  4. John

    bruce barker Guest

    correction, thats the official launch date, the release can be before
    that, but thats the drop dead date.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 18, 2007
  5. Probably on 20028, but we won't be around to see it.

    :)

    For vs 2008, see Bruce's post(s).

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================
    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 18, 2007
  6. John

    sloan Guest

    At an MSEvent today, I heard "Spring 2008".

    I'm more interested in
    "When is VS2008 SP1 coming out?" (ha ha) because my company IT dept won't
    pull the trigger usually until SP1 comes out.

    sloan, Oct 19, 2007
  7. The official launch date is February 27, 2008 :

    http://www.wedsg.com:80/winclient/vistasidebargadget/download.htm

    Visual Studio 2008, Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008
    will all be officially launched on that date.

    Some, or all, individual programs might be released a few days earlier, though.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 19, 2007
  8. John

    Miha Markic Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > Probably on 20028, but we won't be around to see it.
    >
    > :)

    I wonder what it will look like. ;-P
    --
    Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
    RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com
    Miha Markic, Oct 19, 2007
  9. "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message

    > Some, or all, individual programs might be released a few days earlier,
    > though.

    Possibly as early as December this year for certain groups, I hear, much the
    same way that Vista was available for download from MSDN on Nov 23 2006 but
    not available to the general public until 31 Jan 2007...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 19, 2007
  10. John

    Eric Moreau Guest

    The Beta 2 is publicly available if you want to see it:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-ca/vstudio/aa700831.aspx

    --

    HTH

    Éric Moreau, MCSD, Visual Developer - Visual Basic MVP
    Conseiller Principal / Senior Consultant
    Moer inc. (http://www.emoreau.com)
    Membre du réseau .NET Expertise www.dotnet-expertise.com

    Eric Moreau, Oct 19, 2007
  11. !> The Beta 2 is publicly available if you want to see it:

    I'm running Beta 3, but I'm doing the Technical Beta.
    Miha may be running Beta 3, too.

    But, Miha and I were joking about the typo in the Subject : 20028, not 2008.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 19, 2007
  12. John

    Miha Markic Guest

    Miha Markic, Oct 19, 2007
  13. John

    John Guest

    Do msdn subscribers get any early?

    Regards

    John, Oct 19, 2007
  14. On Oct 18, 11:40 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <>
    wrote:
    > The official launch date is February 27, 2008 :
    >
    > http://www.wedsg.com:80/winclient/vistasidebargadget/download.htm
    >
    > Visual Studio 2008, Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008
    > will all be officially launched on that date.
    >
    > Some, or all, individual programs might be released a few days earlier, though.

    And more than likely, it will be available to MSDN subscribers before
    then. I heard rumors that MSDN subscribers will get it in Late
    December. (Christmas Present?).

    Chris
    Chris Dunaway, Oct 19, 2007
  15. John

    Jay Guest

    Will there be Express versions? If so, is there a release date?
    Jay, Nov 2, 2007
  16. In the first quarter of 2008. And yes, there will be Express versions.

    --
    ____________________________________
    William (Bill) Vaughn

    William Vaughn, Nov 2, 2007
  17. Alexey Smirnov, Nov 4, 2007
  18. Perhaps this will help clarify the dates.

    BARCELONA, Spain - Nov. 5, 2007 - Today, during the keynote address at
    Microsoft TechEd Developers 2007, S. "Soma" Somasegar, corporate vice
    president of the Developer Division at Microsoft Corp., announced that
    Microsoft will release Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET Framework 3.5 by the
    end of November 2007.

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/nov07/11-05TechEdDevelopersPR.mspx

    --
    ____________________________________

    William Vaughn, Nov 5, 2007
  19. Wow, cool. Seems they were previously saying next year sometime.

    --
    Jonathan Wood
    SoftCircuits Programming

    Jonathan Wood, Nov 5, 2007
  20. "Jonathan Wood" <> wrote in message

    > Wow, cool. Seems they were previously saying next year sometime.

    This has been known for quite a while now...

    "Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET Framework 3.5 will be available by the end
    of November 2007"

    Yes it will, so long as you're an MSDN or TechNet subscriber etc - the
    official launch date is still Feb 2008, and that's when it will hit the
    channel.

    It was the same with Vista - official launch date (i.e. when the queues
    started at PC World) was 31st Jan 2007, but it was available to subscribers
    on 23rd Nov 2006 - well, it was if you were quick and kicked off your
    download before the Microsoft servers died under the strain... ;-)

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Nov 5, 2007