VS 2003 and 2005 on same machine

Chris

Can I install VS.NET 2005 on the same workstation as VS.NET 2003?
My app is v1.1 but want to start playing.
Just dont want to break 2003.

Thanks.

Siva M

Yes, you can.

Can I install VS.NET 2005 on the same workstation as VS.NET 2003?
My app is v1.1 but want to start playing.
Just dont want to break 2003.

Thanks.

S. Justin Gengo

Chris,

I've been running both for over a month now without a single problem.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

tdavisjr

Your good to go. Nothing will break. The side-by-side execution model
is well documented.

Daniel TIZON

Yes, it works
and the good news is that you will find a new ASP.NET tab in IIS manager
that heps you to choose the framework version for each ASP.NET application.
Because I had the problem when passing from freamework 1.0 to 1.1, my advice
is to use a different application pools for ASP.NET1.1 application and for
ASP.NET2.0 applications.