    How do I solve this? I have a feeling IIS may not be installed on my
    machine, yet I have just installed the Ultimate upgrade on top of Home
    Premium.

    Mike P, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Mike P

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Mike P" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Whenever I try to open a VS 2003 project on Vista I get the error :
    > How do I solve this?

    Currently, Visual Studio.NET is not supported on Vista. The earliest version
    which will *ever* be supported is Visual Studio.NET 2005 + SP1 + a patch
    which is currently in testing. Earlier versions will never be supported:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa948853.aspx

    N.B. this doesn't necessarily mean that earlier versions won't run - you
    might get some assistance from this:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb188244.aspx - however you might
    like to consider *why* Microsoft can't support earlier versions on Vista,
    and then decide whether you really want to run it on that platform or not...

    If you have sufficient hardware, by far the simplest workaround is to
    download Virtual PC 2007 (it's free), create a WinXP Pro guest, and proceed
    from there - subject to licensing, of course...

    Mark Rae, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Make sure you install IIS. Jus because you upgraded does not mean it
    "automatically got installed". Although MS *says* that VS.NET 2003 isn't
    supported on Vista, it may still work OK, from reports I have read.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 17, 2007
  4. VS 2003 relies on the FrontPage Server Extensions to open web sites using
    http. The FP Server Extensions are not supported with IIS 7 and Vista so
    there is no facility to open a web through http.

    --

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 17, 2007
  5. Open up the Windows Options under Add/Remove programs. You will then have to
    add IIS 6 support options, by drilling down into the web server options. You
    may also have to reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 (do not think so, but it is
    possible) and set up the sites to use 1.1.

    You should also run VS.NET as admin.

    Realize VS.NET is not supported, so you may have other issues.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 18, 2007