VS 2003 hang saving .aspx file or switching design view

ES

Hello,
I'm using VS 2003 for an ASP.NET project. I have a number of web forms,
components, user controls, etc in the project. It compiles and runs
correctly.

One form when opened in the development environment seems to hang VS. When
opened, it displays the form designer. It appears to be OK but immediately
will display a "*" in the tab. If I attempt to save the file or switch to
HTML view, the CPU utilization skyrockets, the hourglass comes up, and the
application title bar flickers. It will stay in this state indefinitely.
The only escape is to kill the devenv.exe process. Before attempting to
save the file or switch views, I can add controls to the page, etc.
Everything seems OK.

I have deleted the project file and created a new one, adding everything
back to the new project. Same behavior. I have also opened the aspx. and
code behind file in VS outside of the project and saved them without a
problem.

It's as if it's recursively trying to load or save something and can't get
out of the loop.

My other forms behave correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,