vs 2003 proyect for deploy on W2k with IIS5

Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz

Hello, my customer has w2k with iis5. My boss says that I have to developer
with vs.net 2002 because they have that configuration.
He is not an expert as me so I think he is wrong. The an

THe answer I gave to him is the only thing the customer needs is FrameWork
1.1 and that I can work on my office with vs.net 2003 and then generate a
setup proyect, than I would bring that setup file to the customer server
and execute it independently if they have IIS5 or IIS5. (Am I right)?
And as far as I know framework is free and doesnt need a license.

I must justify this with microsoft oficial documents for they to beliveme
and I must ensure that if I make a project on vs.net 2003 its going to work
on their server without problems and no additional cost.s

Whats the difference betweeen vs.net 2002 and 2003. between framework 1.0
and 1.1

Does Windows 2000 already has net framework installed by default? which
version?
Thanks for your help.

Bruce Barker

visual studio matches the version of .net

vs2002 = .net 1.0
vs2003 = .net 1.1
vs2005 = .net 2.0

1) you should use the VS that matches the version of the framework installed
on the server.
2) win2003 server is the only o/s to ship with .net (1.0, i believe)
3) .net 1.1 framework can be installed on win2000 and is free

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)