    I'm currently using 2003, but would like to get 2005 on there.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike Robbins, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Mike Robbins

    Jon Shemitz Guest

    > Any known problems with having both on the same development workstation?
    > I'm currently using 2003, but would like to get 2005 on there.

    Haven't heard of any; haven't experienced any.

    Aside from 2005 making 2003 look rather backward.

    --
    <http://www.midnightbeach.com>

    Jon Shemitz, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Mike Robbins

    Mike Robbins Guest

    LOL. Isn't that always the case? I hate having to go backward. I always end
    up trying to use features in the "old" version that aren't there.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike Robbins, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Hello Mike,

    There is no problems at all. We have been working with 2003/2005 Studio on
    the one machine without problems.
    One thing to remember is that, if VS 2005 was installed last, it register
    its ASP 2.0 version for IIS.
    It means that debuging ASP1.1 project will fail. You need to manually change
    ASP.net version handler in IIS for virtual folder.

    MR> LOL. Isn't that always the case? I hate having to go backward. I
    MR> always end up trying to use features in the "old" version that
    MR> aren't there.
    >>> Any known problems with having both on the same development

    MR> workstation?
    >>> I'm currently using 2003, but would like to get 2005 on there.

    >> Haven't heard of any; haven't experienced any.
    >> Aside from 2005 making 2003 look rather backward.

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

    Michael Nemtsev, Feb 18, 2006
  5. Mike Robbins

    newbie Guest

    idd
    I have installed VB6.0 / 2003 and 2005 .
    I'm working in all those versions.. no problem at all.
    they all use a different MSDN and so on ...

    newbie, Feb 18, 2006
  6. Mike Robbins

    EDOnLine Guest

    So what happens to the .Net framework on this development computer?

    I'm very much a newbie at all of this and I am facing a similar situation.

    We have an ASP.Net 1.0 app that we will need to add some features to
    shortly. But we also have a new site which needs to run ASP.Net 2.0 (These
    are hosted on different servers.)

    I currently have VS .Net (1.0) on my computer. From the previous posts it
    sounds like I would be okay if I also installed VS 2005 on the same box.

    I'm just curious about what happends to my current .Net framework
    installation. Do I end up with two? Does the earlier VS automatically know
    to complie to its version (1.0) even with 2.0 installed.

    Thanks for any information!

    EDOnLine, Feb 21, 2006
  7. Hello EDOnLine,

    Nothing happens, u only need to set the correct version of ASP.net for virtual
    folder of your site in IIS.
    VS will choose necessary version of .net to compile

    Michael Nemtsev, Feb 21, 2006
  8. Mike Robbins

    Mike Robbins Guest

    What about having the two versions of VSS? Can they both read/write the same
    VSS database and have both client tools exist on the same workstation?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike Robbins, Feb 22, 2006
  9. Hello Mike,