VS 2005 freezes when trying to add ContentPlaceHolder to master pa

Guest

Has anyone run into this?? Basically, I prototyped a standard aspx page,
then copied the source into a new master page. When I then tried to delete a
bunch of filler text, add a ContentPlaceHolder, and show the page in the
designer, VS froze and my processor throttled (until I killed it). I am
using the RC1.

Any thoughts??

_howard

Guest

As a follow up - I have narrowed the problem down to a css override of the
"body" element. If I comment out only this css declaration, everything works.

very strange.

_howard

Guest

and even more specifically....

the IDE freeze only happens when I set the margin css attribute on the body
element in the master page.

_howard