VS 2005 & Web User Controls -for Steven Cheng

adiel_g

Steven you mentioned this below:

How exactly do you change it to a gray box in designview in 2005?

Thanks,
Adiel

Thank you for posting an glad to see you again:).

As for the ascx usercontrol, based on my understanding, there is no
particular changes specific the usercontrol itself. The changes on the
ascx
usercontrol are consistent to the ASP.NET 2.0's webform page. You can
have
a look at the following msdn reference on developing ASP.NET
usercontrol:

#ASP.NET User Controls
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y6wb1a0e(VS.80).aspx

And for main changes, for runtime, it utilize the dynamic compilation
model
and partial class merge just like the ASPX page. Also, the usercontrol
class has provide some additional properties for .net framework 2.0,
you
can view them in the MSDN reference to get the detailed description.

#Codebehind and Compilation in ASP.NET 2.0
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/06/01/ExtremeASPNET/

As for design-time changes, I think it is the design-time display mode
in
VS 2005's page designview. In vs 2003, when we used an ascx usercontrol
in
page, it can only be displayed as a gray box in designview, now in vs
2005,
the usercontrol referenced in aspx page can also be displayed as
runtime
html when swtich to designview.

If there is anything else I didn't catched or if you have any other
concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support