    I find it hard to believe that Microsoft just expects everyone to just use
    Master Pages by default now.

    -Scott

    Scott M., Dec 19, 2009

  2. "Scott M." <> wrote in
    news:#:

    > Does anyone know if there is an option to tell VS 2010 NOT to use
    > Master Pages as the default page/content type in ASP.NET Web
    > Application Projects?

    There is not. The project template contains a master. But it gets schizo
    from here, as the default for a new page is to NOT use master pages
    unless you check the box.

    You can edit the project template and save it with your own default. Or
    you can save it as a new project template. There are no tutorials I can
    find for 2010 on this, but they should be similar to 2005:

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld