VS 2010 & Master Pages

Scott M.

Does anyone know if there is an option to tell VS 2010 NOT to use Master
Pages as the default page/content type in ASP.NET Web Application Projects?

I find it hard to believe that Microsoft just expects everyone to just use
Master Pages by default now.

-Scott

Gregory A. Beamer

Does anyone know if there is an option to tell VS 2010 NOT to use
Master Pages as the default page/content type in ASP.NET Web
Application Projects?

There is not. The project template contains a master. But it gets schizo
from here, as the default for a new page is to NOT use master pages
unless you check the box.

You can edit the project template and save it with your own default. Or
you can save it as a new project template. There are no tutorials I can
find for 2010 on this, but they should be similar to 2005:

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld