VS-generated XSD DataSets and Relationships problem

Danny Tuppeny

/*
* Not sure which group has the best audience for this question,
* but followups are set to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
*/

Hi all,

In Visual Web Developer Express, I've created a new database with a
table called Tag. It has three fields, ID, ParentID and Name. ID is a
Primary Key, and there's a relationship between ID/ParentID to allow a
"tree" of tags.

I created an XSD file and added the table, with a method to return a
dataset. The table appears with the relationship when viewing the XSD in
the designer.

However, the GetTagRows() method generated, which looks like this:

public TagRow[] GetTagRows() {
return
((TagRow[])(base.GetChildRows(this.Table.ChildRelations["FK_Tag_Tag"])));
}

always returns 0 rows. The ChildRelations collection is empty, even
though this was all generated by VS.

I've tried lots of fannying about, but just can't manage to get
GetChildRows/GetTagRows/ChildRelations/etc. to actually show any data.
Am I missing something, or should this just work?

I tried this back with beta 2, and assumed it was a bug, but it still
happens now. I've been Googling all night, and although many people
mention this problem, there doesn't seem to be an answer out there that
applies to my situation!

Any ideas?

Thanks