VS.NET 1.0 install problems

Steve

Hello,
I had an early version of Visual Studio .NET 1.0 on my machine and I have
tried to remove it several times to no avail. I'm actually trying to
reinstall but the installation always failed saying it has detected a failed
install. Many of the paths in the registry point to a non-existant drive and
I have removed those entries, gotten ride of the folders underneath:
WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework
and then tried to re-install.
I have 1.1 version of the framework installed and it is working fine but I
have to put version 1.0.x back on and am really having trouble. Is there a
tool out there that can help with this or am I just screwed?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve