VS .NET 2003 and Dreamweaver

E. Wise

I'm seeking some solid information on how I as a programmer can work with a
Macromedia designer on my ASP .NET applications. Here's the specific
scenario:

Company has a intranet area that is standard html made in dreamweaver, this
is all maintained by another person. Currently, I have 7 or so different
asp .net applications that are inserted into the dreamweaver sites using
floating frames. Ideally we would like to be able to throw the template
created in dreamweaver over my asp .net pages. Couple specific questions:

- Since all the asp.net applications are in different virtual directories
etc than the intranet project, will dreamweaver handle this gracefully?

- All the asp .net pages were created and designed in visual studio .net
2003. I notice if I install dreamweaver and point a new site to one of my
local dev directories, all the asp .net controls show up as just tags... is
this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Any pointers on working in tandem with a designer would be much appreciated.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Keep the code in the CodeBehind file. Then, let the designer play with
layout, including ASP.NET tags, while you stick with the code. Once you get
the discipline, it works fine.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA