VS.NET 2005 Migration problem

Shivakumar

Hi ,
In ASP.NET 2.0 the post back is rendered in the following function

javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions() where is in ASP.NET 1.1 it is
rendered in the following function __doPostBack().

Now can anyone tell me can i change the default rendering method as old
(1.1) one in ASP.NET 2.0? because i had a project in version 1.1 and i have
migrated it to 2.0 using visual studio .NET 2005 but its throwing the
following script error for the link button alone.

'event' is null or not an object.

can anyone please help me out to solve this. is there any property or
setting i have to make for 2003 project to work in 2005?

If i use a link button in fresh 2005 project its working where as if i use a
link button in any of the migrated page from 2003, its throwing this
javascript error. Is it a bug in VS.NET or is there anything settings to be
made?

kindly do help me guys.

shiva.

clintonG

When output by 2.0 my application will no longer render pages that include
JavaScript in IE6 without raising Stack overflow at line: 0 errors. This
occurs on a collapsible content I got at DynamicDrive. Other wierd stuff is
happening so yes, I think there is something very wrong with 2.0 output as
this error never occurred with IE6 before and it doesn't happen with any
other browser. Just IE6.

<%= Clinton Gallagher

comzy

Hi all,
I myself found the error at last and fixed! it was problem
with WebUIValidation .js file. Thank you guys for trying to help me
out.

Regards,
Shiva

lr

I was getting a Stack overflow at line: 0 error with an infragistics
datagrid too after switching from ASP.NET Beta 2.0 to to production
one. After scratching my head for quite some time, I realized that it
was the page setting MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="True" that was
doing it. So I changed that to
MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="False" and now I don't get the error
anymore.

Hope that helps

Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
How to solve the javascript error

Hi,
I too got the same issue while migrating to VS 2005 ('event' is null or not an object). But am unable to solve this issue. Can you please explain me how do you solve the issue. what is the problem with WebUIValidation.js file? What needs to be fixed to overcome this issue.

Regards
Vikram

comzy said:
Hi all,
I myself found the error at last and fixed! it was problem
with WebUIValidation .js file. Thank you guys for trying to help me
out.

Regards,
Shiva

Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
VS 2005 migration issue

Hi Shiva,

Shivakumar said:
[...]

Mar 28, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Asp.Net LinkButton problem

Hi all,
I am making project in asp.net 2.0. My page has a linkbutton which performs delete functionality. It works fine in Mozilla but in IE it gives error of "event is null or not an object". Can anyone tell me what could be the problem. Please help. Its urgent...

Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Has any of you been able to figure out and solve this problem with the WebUIValidation.js error. I'm experiencing the same problem right now. Basically, my LinkButton is giving me a 'Event' is null or not an object" Javascript error message, and I don't know how to fix it.

If so, can you share with me how you fixed it. Thanks!

- James