VS.NET 2005 PROJECTS AND SOLUTIONS ..

jobs

kinda confused.

I have this folder called C:\PROJECTS with a bunch of projects .. some
are websites, some are webservices, one is a console ap, another is a
Data Access layer (I presume classes).

I'm suppose be taking over support for this code so the folder was
dropped off on my local machine.

Somehow, the prior developer was working on all of these under one
solution, but i don't see a solution file anywhere. Also, everything
appears to be under version control.

If I attempt to open one of the projects, i see dependancies that are
failing, by virtue of the underline and name XXX is not declared.

also, and important, there is also another folder with deployment
scripts that expect final product under C:\PROJECTS.

What should I do? I'd also like to remove version control for now.

I've started by making a backup copy of C:\PROJECTS.

Thank you for any help or information.

sloan

You should be able to do

"Add / New / Blank Solution"

and then pop in each project (Add Existing Project) one by one.

C:\PROJECTS\SuperDuperSolutionfile.sln

Remove source safe?? A little tougher. Open up the .csproj file in notepad,
and you'll see a VSS section.
You gotta remove these manually (after a backup of course)

Then do a search for
vssver,mssccprj

and delete those files.

MAKE A BACKUP.