VS.NET freezes computer on browser preview?

Brett

I've created a new ASP.NET application. When I preview my aspx webpage in
VS.NET 2003, it will freeze my machine. Not every time. Sometimes on the
first preview, sometimes on the forth. Any programs I have open can't be
closed. The only thing responsive is the mouse. I have to turn of my
computer.

Using WinXP Pro. Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Brett

Guest

Brett said:
I've created a new ASP.NET application. When I preview my aspx webpage in
VS.NET 2003, it will freeze my machine. Not every time. Sometimes on the
first preview, sometimes on the forth. Any programs I have open can't be
closed. The only thing responsive is the mouse. I have to turn of my
computer.

Using WinXP Pro. Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Brett
Brett

I had the same problem and on a hunch, I disconnected my internet connection
and then quit my firewall and turned off my auto virus scan. The firewall
seemed to be the important one, though.

I am using ZoneAlarm and when I quit ZoneAlarm, I tried 'view in browser'
again and it worked.

You might want to try quitting your firewall or disabling it. Maybe it will
help.

Paul

Brett

pmort said:
Brett

I had the same problem and on a hunch, I disconnected my internet
connection
and then quit my firewall and turned off my auto virus scan. The firewall
seemed to be the important one, though.

I am using ZoneAlarm and when I quit ZoneAlarm, I tried 'view in browser'
again and it worked.

You might want to try quitting your firewall or disabling it. Maybe it
will
help.

Paul

Yes - when I shut down ZA and AVG, it works. I think it is ZA though.
There must be some setting for ZA to make it work. Thing is, at work, I
have ZA going with no problems.

Brett

Guest

Brett

I found a Zonealarm question somewhere else in this forum, and they were
saying that this is a known problem with Zonealarm 5 and 5.5 (not very well
publicized, is it?)

Their suggestion was to download Zonealarm 4.5, which I did and it works
fine along with VS.net. No freezing when I do a "display in browser" command.
Here is the link to get it:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1026_trial/zapSetup_45_594_000.exe

I hope this helps. Perhaps the version at work is not 5.0 or 5.5?

Paul