VS.Net has detected that the specified .....ASP.NET ver 1.1

Len

I was working fine, with visual studio.net 2003.

started having some minor problems.
I uninstalled and reinstalled IIS
I re-ran the installation for installing .net framework (dotnetfx.exe) that
I got from MS site about 2 monts ago.

Now, every time I try to open an ASP.NET Web Application from visual
studio.net2003, I get an error that says,
Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications or services

This is strange because this error appears to be exclusive to VS.NET2003. I
can crank up ASP.NET Web Matrix and open asp.net apps just fine.

Any suggestions welcome.

thanks
stacy whetzell
mcse

tahoeeddie

hello,
i just ran into this problem today.
and the recommended soln running aspnet_regiis worked fine.
i don't know if you've tried that.
but if you haven't, try it out.

-- see below --
Visual Studio .NET could not determine that ASP.NET version 1.1 is running on the Web server computer. The error can arise under several different circumstances. Check the following:

Make sure the .NET Framework version 1.1 is installed on the Web server computer. For details, see Visual Studio .NET Software Requirements.
If ASP.NET has been installed on the Web server computer and you are experiencing this error, there might be a configuration problem. To correct a faulty installation or configuration, you can use the ASP.NET utility called aspnet_regiis. This command-line utility is found in a path such as the following:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.nnnn\
where nnnn represents a four-digit build number. Look under the highest number. Run the utility using the /i switch:

aspnet_regiis /i
Tip You can open a command window directly in the correct directory for the command. From the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, Visual Studio .NET 2003, Visual Studio .NET Tools, and then choose Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt. When the window opens, type aspnet_regiis /i.
For information about the order in which components must be installed, see Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. Required components are not installed.

See Also
ASP.NET Platform Requirments | ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)