VS.net installs sql express as default datastore for role/membership management.

Bruno

Hello,

VS.net installs sql express as datastore for role/membership management.
I don't like this! I'm not able to choose other databases like ms-access, in
the Web Site Administration Tool . (Only AspNetSqlProvider)
I've tryed some c# stuff, but id did not work for me, to much trouble. I
wish to work with vb.net anyway.
Is there a tool/programm or something with less trouble, so i can choose
from different providers in the Web Site Administration Tool??

(I tried to configure the iis but......it did not work)

THX

(e-mail address removed)

Guest

I am not sure I understand the issue completely.

Are you saying the website administration website will not allow you to
create an Access database for membership? If so, you might have a permissions
problem on the directory or it could be missing MDAC bits for Jet (depending
on the version of MDAC you have installed, it is a separate install).

Or, are you saying you can use Access with C#, but not VB.NET? If so, get
the database built and create VB.NET pages. You can also edit the solution
file, if necessary, to change defaults for the website after you have the
membership database.

In other words, how deep is the problem?

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Bruno

Hi,

I can use sql or access databases for dataaccess, that is not the problem.

If you go, in Visual studio 2005 , to 'asp.net configuration', that is the
Asp.net web site administration tool.
Select provider configuration
select a single provider for all site management data
now the only provider to select is 'AspNetSqlProvider' (in my configuration
it is)
This provider is setup by default for sql express. Visual studio creates the
database in sql server express.
In the documentation, it seems easy to select an other database.
I have no providers for, MS access, SQL server 2000, Sql server 2005
I'm working on a clean installed winXP pro, i'm sure a have all the sp's
installed.
I found traces of AspNetSqlProvider in the IIS ASP.NET configuration . I
tried ad a connectionstring for access.. but it did not work.

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <[email protected]>
schreef in bericht

Bruno

thx!
that is the problem.
i try it out.

But..... this 'easy' microsoft thing .. why is made so difficult? It chould
be an normal option.