VS.NET says ASP.NET 1.1 isn't installed when it is

Chad

I get this error every time I open up a web application
project.

"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web
server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be
unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."

I DO have ASP.NET 1.1 installed...I installed the
framework after the web server. I am running IIS 5.1 on
Windows XP Pro.

If anyone has any insight to this, it would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks a lot.

~Chad

Kevin Spencer

Did you install just the framework, or did you install the framework and
then install ASP.Net on the web server using aspnet_regiis.exe? You need to
do both.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Chad

Well, I only installed the framework, but I have never had
to do anything else on any other of my machines. I will do
a search for aspnet_regiis.exe and see if that works.
Thank you so very much for your help :)

~Chad

Kevin Spencer

It should be something like:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

(the -i parameter tells it to install it on the web server)

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer