VS' publish website feature not copying static files

schneider

Hi all,

I want to publish my asp.net 2.0 website using the "publish website"
feature of visual studio 2005. everything works fine so far, but the
IDE only compiles and copies the aspx, ascx, resources etc. files to
the destination directory. It does actually not copy .txt, .htm or
graphics files. MSDN says these files should be copied during the
publishing task, but they are definitely not copied. Neither does it
offer any troubleshooting steps. Is there a hidden setting somewhere?
Or do I misunderstand the "publish website" feature? I guess not,
because copying graphic files would actually make sense.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Hannes

Brandon Gano

In the Properties panel, there is a Build Action option. Make sure this is
set to "Content". This will ensure that the file gets copied when you
Publish the project.

Note: Do not set the Copy to Output option to copy unless you want the file
copied to the Bin folder.

schneider

There is not Build Action Option in the properties for web files
(except my project settings are wrong).