    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely
    GaryDean, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Hi Gary,

    I just checked it on two VS2005, one with SP1, one without, both can be
    used to change the TableAdapter name:

    1) Open the DataSet designer
    2) Click on the TableAdapter header, view its properties window, change the
    "Name" property there.

    Would you please give me some screenshot of the issue one your side?

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jan 4, 2007

  3. GaryDean

    GaryDean Guest

    I was just noting that it used to default the adapter name to the same name
    as the dataset and now I have to go change it.

    BTW - did this service pack imporve the quality of the generated SQL by the
    wizards? you may recall one of my issues where it generated erroneous
    insert sql (or was it update?).
    Gary

    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely

    GaryDean, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Hi Gary,

    If you're referring to the issue here:

    #TableAdapter generates bad SQL in dotnet.framework.adonet
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.publi
    c.dotnet.framework.adonet&tid=9db42ef6-ce06-42a0-8a17-d7c42e213c96&lang=en&c
    r=US&m=1&p=1

    My colleague Kevin mentioned that it's reported on the connect side as:

    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Feedbac
    kID=111156

    Here's the response by our product team:

    -------------
    Hi Diego, I took a look at this issue and it boils down to some confusion
    regarding the TableAdapters and how ObjectDataSource works. To get this
    scenario to work, you just have to perform two additional steps:
    1. In your web project, click on the ObjectDataSource, and in the property
    grid set its ConflictDetection property to CompareAllValues. The is
    required because DataSets use optimistic concurrency for their methods.
    2. In the GridView control, open the Smart Tag and click Edit Columns. In
    the lower listbox ("Selected fields") select the OrderID column (because it
    is the primary key), and reset its ReadOnly property back to False. This is
    required because the DataSets are generated with an updatable primary key,
    and the GridView doesn't realize that.

    In future versions we hope to make this process a bit easier.

    It's closed by "By Design", I'm afraid it's not addressed in SP1.

    For a complete list of fix of Visual Studio 2005 SP1:

    #List of bugs that are fixed in Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jan 5, 2007