VS05 : switch VS Dev Svr to IIS

John A Grandy

in VS05 , has anyone switched from the VS Dev Svr to IIS and received a
dialog stating not possible to switch to IIS because the Windows Firewall is
blocking ports, etc. ? (Unfortunately I didn't save the exact text of the
message.)

I selected the option to unblock these ports, etc. because this was the only
way I knew how to proceed to switch to IIS.

Anyone done the same ? What is the impact ? Side effects ?

Thanks.