vs2003 aspx project to 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by luna, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. luna

    luna Guest

    i had errors in my 2003 project, but 2003 allowed me to ignore them and
    carry on, it displayed my page fine,
    (even on build)
    since converting to 2005 i have hundreds of errors and it wont allow me to
    view design at all, is there any way
    of stopping 2005 nagging me so much ?- the app is an internal app so it
    doesnt really matter how compliant it
    is as long as it works, itll take me hours probably weeks to fix the errors,
    i may as well restart the project from
    scratch (its that bad)
    typically

    Error 1 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.
    and lots of validation (which i can ignore)

    cheers

    mark

    luna, Dec 12, 2006

  2. You have two choices:

    1. Fix the HTML issues. As the issue here is XHTML compliance, you can find
    tools to more quickly find the problems, but it is still a manual fix.

    2. Edit everything in tag view.

    I would prefer #1, personally. A pain? Certainly, but it is more a problem
    with VS.NET not forcing compliance.

    Okay, a third choice:

    3. Leave a copy of the site in VS.NET 2003 and edit the tag portion in that
    and then pull into VS 2005 every time you make a design change.

    No, that is not very tasty either, but it is the nature of the beast. :)

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 12, 2006

  3. luna

    Mark Rae Guest

    "luna" <> wrote in message

    >i had errors in my 2003 project, but 2003 allowed me to ignore them and
    >carry on, it displayed my page fine,
    > (even on build)
    > since converting to 2005 i have hundreds of errors and it wont allow me to
    > view design at all, is there any way
    > of stopping 2005 nagging me so much ?- the app is an internal app so it
    > doesnt really matter how compliant it
    > is as long as it works, itll take me hours probably weeks to fix the
    > errors, i may as well restart the project from
    > scratch (its that bad)
    > typically
    >
    > Error 1 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.
    > and lots of validation (which i can ignore)

    Tools, Options, Text Editor, HTML, Validation

    Mark Rae, Dec 12, 2006
  4. luna

    luna Guest

    >> Error 1 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.
    >> and lots of validation (which i can ignore)

    > Tools, Options, Text Editor, HTML, Validation

    Ive done that, its the switch views causing me the most headaches!

    -mark

    luna, Dec 12, 2006
  5. luna

    luna Guest

    <TABLE id=Table75 style="WIDTH: 752px; HEIGHT: 43px" cellSpacing=1
    cellPadding=1
    width=752 border=0>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD style="HEIGHT: 41px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dcdcdd" colSpan=3
    ><FONT size=2>

    <P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=5
    ><STRONG>MY TEXT HERE<FONT

    size=4>OTHER TEXT HERE</FONT></STRONG></FONT>
    &nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial>
    </FONT></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    this is typical of the mess its created, used design view in vs2003 and this
    is the html it made! - works tho
    just not in 2005, says no matching start tags, even tho i can see then match
    ?

    mark

    message news:...

    luna, Dec 12, 2006