vs2003 aspx project to 2005

luna

i had errors in my 2003 project, but 2003 allowed me to ignore them and
carry on, it displayed my page fine,
(even on build)
since converting to 2005 i have hundreds of errors and it wont allow me to
view design at all, is there any way
of stopping 2005 nagging me so much ?- the app is an internal app so it
doesnt really matter how compliant it
is as long as it works, itll take me hours probably weeks to fix the errors,
i may as well restart the project from
scratch (its that bad)
typically

Error 1 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.
and lots of validation (which i can ignore)

cheers

mark

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You have two choices:

1. Fix the HTML issues. As the issue here is XHTML compliance, you can find
tools to more quickly find the problems, but it is still a manual fix.

2. Edit everything in tag view.

I would prefer #1, personally. A pain? Certainly, but it is more a problem
with VS.NET not forcing compliance.

Okay, a third choice:

3. Leave a copy of the site in VS.NET 2003 and edit the tag portion in that
and then pull into VS 2005 every time you make a design change.

No, that is not very tasty either, but it is the nature of the beast. :)

Mark Rae

i had errors in my 2003 project, but 2003 allowed me to ignore them and
carry on, it displayed my page fine,
(even on build)
since converting to 2005 i have hundreds of errors and it wont allow me to
view design at all, is there any way
of stopping 2005 nagging me so much ?- the app is an internal app so it
doesnt really matter how compliant it
is as long as it works, itll take me hours probably weeks to fix the
errors, i may as well restart the project from
scratch (its that bad)
typically

Error 1 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.
and lots of validation (which i can ignore)

Tools, Options, Text Editor, HTML, Validation

luna

<TABLE id=Table75 style="WIDTH: 752px; HEIGHT: 43px" cellSpacing=1
cellPadding=1
width=752 border=0>
<TBODY>
<FONT size=2>
<STRONG>MY TEXT HERE<FONT
size=4>OTHER TEXT HERE</FONT></STRONG></FONT>
&nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial>
</FONT></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this is typical of the mess its created, used design view in vs2003 and this
is the html it made! - works tho
just not in 2005, says no matching start tags, even tho i can see then match
?

mark