VS2003: Error Adding Existing Item - <FileURL> does not refer to p

Guest

I've recently installed Visual Studio 2003 on my local machine. Although it
seems to be working fine in most respects I find I cannot add existing items
to my project.

Specifically, I have copied an existing user control (.ascx, .ascx.cs,
..ascx.resx files) to the UserControls sub-folder of the project I am working
on. When I right-click on the UserControls sub-folder in the VS Solution
Explorer and Add-Add Existing Item, I get the following error message when I
try to add the new user control:

'Unable to get file <FileURL> from the Web server. Server error: <FileURL>
does not refer to a page or folder in this web. It may be a page or folder
in a subweb, or it could be a badly formed URL.'

I have tried adding the user control with the control in its original folder
(ie not in a sub-folder of my project). I get the same error message.

This seems to be the same error that has popped up numerous times in the
FrontPage newsgroup so I assume it's got something to do with FrontPage
Extensions. However, I haven't been able to find a solution on the FrontPage
newsgroup.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Si

CT

Simon,

Have you tried selecting the project in Solution Explorer, clicking Show All
Files, right-clicking the UserControl, and then clicking Include In Project?