VS2003 how can i send a query from a hotspot ?

Ray Booysen

Hi there

Can you give some more details on what you mean? What do you mean "map"?

Code would help too.

Regards
Ray

Icare-Infographie

hi,

how can i start a query after i have selected a hotspot on a map ?
i use vs 2003.

a javascript ?

many thanks,

jpm

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

not sure what you question is.

the default for an imagemap is to post to the specifed url, but you can call
client code. also you can use an image button which does a standard form
post plus sends the x & y offsets.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Icare-Infographie

i will give a better description:

i have an image and i have built an image mapping in html.(IMG component in
html and a MAP file for areas- hotspots)

each area can be linked to a href but i only retieve a page,

i would like to send a number or a text(different for each area) to a query
and retieve the answer....

so i get the answer for an area i have selected.with the mouse.

how can i send a parameter( knowed) to a query and get the answer ?

is it the best way with vs 2003 (i know we can make mapping in vs 2005 but i
can't use it ) ?

many thanks again !

jpm

Patrice

The href attribute can include parameters as usual that is you could have
map.aspx?id=1 for area 1, map.aspx?id=2 for area 2 etc...

Icare-Infographie

its the beginning......thanks!
how you send the id to the query and get the answer ?

have you a sample ..... ?

jpm