VS2003 how can i send a query from a hotspot ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ray Booysen, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Ray Booysen

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Hi there

    Can you give some more details on what you mean? What do you mean "map"?

    Code would help too.

    Regards
    Ray

    Ray Booysen, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Ray Booysen

    Patrice Guest

    You can get clicked coordinates from an imagemap.

    --
    Patrice

    44859611$0$10273$...

    Icare-Infographie, Jun 6, 2006
  4. not sure what you question is.

    the default for an imagemap is to post to the specifed url, but you can call
    client code. also you can use an image button which does a standard form
    post plus sends the x & y offsets.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 6, 2006
  5. i will give a better description:

    i have an image and i have built an image mapping in html.(IMG component in
    html and a MAP file for areas- hotspots)

    each area can be linked to a href but i only retieve a page,

    i would like to send a number or a text(different for each area) to a query
    and retieve the answer....

    so i get the answer for an area i have selected.with the mouse.

    how can i send a parameter( knowed) to a query and get the answer ?

    is it the best way with vs 2003 (i know we can make mapping in vs 2005 but i
    can't use it ) ?

    many thanks again !

    jpm

    Icare-Infographie, Jun 6, 2006
  6. Ray Booysen

    Patrice Guest

    The href attribute can include parameters as usual that is you could have
    map.aspx?id=1 for area 1, map.aspx?id=2 for area 2 etc...

    --
    Patrice

    4485a6b1$0$19675$...

    Patrice, Jun 6, 2006
  7. its the beginning......thanks!
    how you send the id to the query and get the answer ?

    have you a sample ..... ?

    jpm

    Icare-Infographie, Jun 6, 2006