VS2003 Suddenly Stops Seeing Localhost

IT Drone

I'm running Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0, and VS 2003. I have an
ASP.NET project I previously created, and went to open it back up to
make modifications. Now VS won't open http://localhost

When I try to open that location, it just goes to "My Documents"

I haven't changed anything on the machine, I made sure the VS users
group had full access to wwwroot. I ran aspnet_regiis -i to reinstall.
I tried substituting my IP address for localhost. Nothing has worked.

Help! I need to recompile some small changes in this app and the entire
team is breathing down my neck wondering why I can't open up code on my
local machine.

Guest

Did you ever get this sorted?

I have a similar problem with localhost and I am about to format my system
as there is no help that appears to be forthcoming. I think it's in the too
hard basket.

If you did find a solution I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks
Peter

IT Drone

Oddly enough, enabling the telnet service solved it. I'm thinking that
telnet depends on some underlying service that VS uses as well.