vs2003 with vs2005

John

Hi

Is it possible to install and use vs2003/net1.1 and vs2005/net2 side by side
on the same drive? Only from experience please.

Thanks

Regards

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

John,

I am doing it at the moment with RC1 (I did it with april and august).

However if it will be a problem, than I probably will have the same as you.

RC1 is still a kind of Beta, so "no problem" is not guaranteed.

I hope this helps,

Cor

Guest

..NET 2.0 installs into a different directory
VS 2005 installs into a different directory

Thus far, 0 problems. Have tested April CTP, May CTp, Beta 2, August CTP and
the RC. I do not do this on my production machine, as I am a bit paranoid,
but it works fine on the machines I have had it on.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Kevin Spencer

Yup. VS.Net 2005 is cucrently at the Release Candidate stage, and I have
seen a few minor (but manageable) issues with having both installed, less
with each revision released. But I use both quite often, even at the same
time.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Juan T. Llibre

The only problem I've seen reported is that VS 2003
must be installed previous to VS 2005 being installed.

Otherwise, the VS 2003 documentation has problems.

Other than that, I haven't heard of any problems.

It would be wise, anyway, to install them into a virtual machine,
so that -if you do have a problem- eliminating it is easy and painless.