    on the same drive? Only from experience please.

    Thanks

    Regards
    John, Sep 26, 2005

  2. John,

    I am doing it at the moment with RC1 (I did it with april and august).

    However if it will be a problem, than I probably will have the same as you.

    RC1 is still a kind of Beta, so "no problem" is not guaranteed.

    I hope this helps,

    Cor
    Cor Ligthert [MVP], Sep 26, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    I am guessing, this means no obvious problem so far?

    Regards

    John, Sep 26, 2005
  4. ..NET 2.0 installs into a different directory
    VS 2005 installs into a different directory

    Thus far, 0 problems. Have tested April CTP, May CTp, Beta 2, August CTP and
    the RC. I do not do this on my production machine, as I am a bit paranoid,
    but it works fine on the machines I have had it on.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Yup. VS.Net 2005 is cucrently at the Release Candidate stage, and I have
    seen a few minor (but manageable) issues with having both installed, less
    with each revision released. But I use both quite often, even at the same
    time.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

    Kevin Spencer, Sep 26, 2005
  6. The only problem I've seen reported is that VS 2003
    must be installed previous to VS 2005 being installed.

    Otherwise, the VS 2003 documentation has problems.

    Other than that, I haven't heard of any problems.

    It would be wise, anyway, to install them into a virtual machine,
    so that -if you do have a problem- eliminating it is easy and painless.

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 26, 2005
  7. I've had problems, especially around file extensions, or when working with
    XML etc. Honestly, I don't think I'd want to do it in my paid for
    development environment, but from an experience "play with it" point of
    view - it may work. ASP.NET will be a bigger pain in the ar~~se.

    - Sahil Malik [MVP]
    ADO.NET 2.0 book -
    http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/archive/2005/05/13/63199.aspx

    Sahil Malik [MVP], Sep 26, 2005