VS2005 "Add Web Reference" "Unable to connect to the remote server", then successfully displays the

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by BobC, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. BobC

    BobC Guest

    VS2005 "Add Web Reference" "Unable to connect to the remote server",
    then successfully displays the service info. The Add reference button
    is disabled.

    The service also times out if I click on the Service Description link
    of the web service description page w/in this dialog..

    Add reference button is disabled. Connecting to the service outside of
    VS is fast.

    Connecting from Visual Studio on the same server as the WS works, and
    is fast.

    Pinging the server is fast.

    The "Web Services found at this URL" text box displays this error text:
    There was an error downloading
    'http://my.myserver.com/_vti_bin/MJWSSServices/SPFiles.asmx'.

    Unable to connect to the remote server

    A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
    properly respond after a period of time, or established connection
    failed because connected host has failed to respond

    Any help is appreciated

    BobC, Jan 17, 2007

  2. BobC

    BobC Guest

    Re: VS2005 "Add Web Reference" "Unable to connect to the remote server", then successfully displays the service info. Add reference button is disabled. Connecting to WS outside of VS is fast.

    See this link.
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...evelopment/browse_frm/thread/8b77fdbacd151536

    BobC, Jan 25, 2007