    But I cannot see ASP.Net application???

    Why is this? Does anyone knows what is going wrong?

    Many thanks ...
    Annie, Nov 4, 2006

  2. You start an ASP.NET 2.0 application with any of the web site templates you
    see e.g. 'ASP.NET Website'

    --
    Mike

    Mike McIntyre [MVP]
    http://www.getdotnetcode.com

    Mike McIntyre, Nov 4, 2006

  3. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Re: VS2005 and ASP.Net 2 installed components - No reference to ASP.net

    Hi Mike,

    That is what my issue is! I cannot see the opiton for 'ASP.NET Website' or
    anything about ASP.Net ...
    I don't know why?

    Thanks for reply

    Annie, Nov 4, 2006
  4. Re: VS2005 and ASP.Net 2 installed components - No reference to ASP.net

    re:
    > That is what my issue is! I cannot see the opiton for 'ASP.NET Website'

    Maybe the web preferences were inadvertently changed ?

    Go to the "Tools" menu, and select "Import and Export Settings".

    Then, select "Reset all settings", "Next", save your settings if you want to
    ( I don't bother, since all the options are available in the next screens ),
    then, "Next", and then select the "Web Development Settings".

    You should be good to go after you do that.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 4, 2006
  5. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Re: VS2005 and ASP.Net 2 installed components - No reference to ASP.net

    Hello,
    I have done what you have suggested and the result was successful however I
    still have the same issue
    there is no ASP.net in the list ...

    means I still cannot start a new asp.net page.

    any other options?

    Annie, Nov 5, 2006
  6. Re: VS2005 and ASP.Net 2 installed components - No reference to ASP.net

    Annie,

    please check these directories :

    Drive:\VisualStudioInstallDirectory\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\Web\CSharp\1033
    Drive:\VisualStudioInstallDirectory\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\Web\JSharp\1033
    Drive:\VisualStudioInstallDirectory\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\Web\VisualBasic\1033

    ....and let us know whether there's 5 zip files in each directory.

    The zip files correspond to the 5 basic VS templates :

    CRWebApplication.zip
    EmptyWeb.zip
    WebApplication.zip
    WebService.zip
    PersonalWebsite.zip

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 5, 2006
  7. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Re: VS2005 and ASP.Net 2 installed components - No reference to ASP.net

    Dear Juan,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I checked the folders as you described and the 5 files exists there.
    Does it help anything?

    regards

    Annie, Nov 5, 2006