vs2005 and symantec antivirus

rb

Developing web site like I've been doing it so many times before and
all of the sudden - literaly - symantec jumps in start complaing about
viruses found in temporary dll's created in temp .NET precompiled
folder. Can't compile project any more as symantec keep complaining
and sending dll's to its quarantine. Mostly if not only
resource/language dll's are affected.

Obviously, as I disable symantec real-time protection, everything goes
back to normal. Both vs2005 and symantec have been installed on my
machine forever.

Has anyone even heard of anything like this?

Thanks.

Masudur

rb said:
Developing web site like I've been doing it so many times before and
all of the sudden - literaly - symantec jumps in start complaing about
viruses found in temporary dll's created in temp .NET precompiled
folder. Can't compile project any more as symantec keep complaining
and sending dll's to its quarantine. Mostly if not only
resource/language dll's are affected.

Obviously, as I disable symantec real-time protection, everything goes
back to normal. Both vs2005 and symantec have been installed on my
machine forever.

Has anyone even heard of anything like this?

Thanks.

Hi,

Not exactly like you but i face a problem with macfee and source safe
each and every day while working.
In my pc i have mcafee. when i try to connect to source safe and get
thing latest ...
it took forever to complete the operation. but when i disable
mcafee.... communication with VS2003 and source safe again become
normal.

Thanks

Masudur
kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd

Hans Kesting

Developing web site like I've been doing it so many times before and
all of the sudden - literaly - symantec jumps in start complaing about
viruses found in temporary dll's created in temp .NET precompiled
folder. Can't compile project any more as symantec keep complaining
and sending dll's to its quarantine. Mostly if not only
resource/language dll's are affected.

Obviously, as I disable symantec real-time protection, everything goes
back to normal. Both vs2005 and symantec have been installed on my
machine forever.

Has anyone even heard of anything like this?

Thanks.

"suddenly" could happen because some new virus-signature matches those
dll's.
Can you exclude this temporary directory (or it's root) from the
scanner, so that those files are left alone? Might even speed thing up
a bit.

Hans Kesting

Rajko Bogdanovic - DX Squad

"suddenly" could happen because some new virus-signature matches those
dll's.
Can you exclude this temporary directory (or it's root) from the
scanner, so that those files are left alone? Might even speed thing up
a bit.

Yea, I disabled the scanner, rebuilt the project and all problems just
as suddenly went away. Works even after I re-enabled the AV. Go
figure.
FYI, the "virus" in question was PWSteal.4564. I stand in shock & awe
:)

Thanks everyone.