VS2005 C# is very BUGGY, please hlp

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rob Dob, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. Rob Dob

    Rob Dob Guest

    Hi,

    I'm amazed!!!

    I am using VS2005, I create a new web project, c# and then within the
    default.aspx form right mouse click and select "View Compnent Designer" , I
    then select and drag a SQLDataAdapter onto the designer. I then go through
    the wizard and create SQL Query. I then compile the project, I have add
    in a "InitializeComponent();" within the Page_Load, I then run the program.
    everything works okay,, as it does noting. I then go in a righmouse click
    within the component designer on the SQLDataAdapter I created, I then
    select:"configure Data Adapter" and highlight another coupld of colums
    within my SQL query and then slect finish.. , I complile and rerun the
    program. I then get the following error... below:
    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the
    neutral culture. Make sure "Default2.resources" was correctly embedded or
    linked into assembly "App_Web_pnpqua9t" at compile time, or that all the
    satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

    Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could
    not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral
    culture. Make sure "Default2.resources" was correctly embedded or linked
    into assembly "App_Web_pnpqua9t" at compile time, or that all the satellite
    assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

    Source Error:

    Line 43: // sqlUpdateCommand1
    Line 44: //
    Line 45: this.sqlUpdateCommand1.CommandText =
    resources.GetString("sqlUpdateCommand1.CommandText");
    Line 46: this.sqlUpdateCommand1.Connection = this.sqlConnection1;
    Line 47: this.sqlUpdateCommand1.Parameters.AddRange(new
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter[] {

    Source File: c:\NoteBook C\My Documents\My Webs\temp\Default2.aspx.cs
    Line: 45

    Stack Trace:

    [MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate
    for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure
    "Default2.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly
    "App_Web_pnpqua9t" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies
    required are loadable and fully signed.]
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +655
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +681
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +681
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo
    culture) +77
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) +6
    Default2.InitializeComponent() in c:\NoteBook C\My Documents\My
    Webs\temp\Default2.aspx.cs:45
    Default2.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\NoteBook C\My
    Documents\My Webs\temp\Default2.aspx.cs:23
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
    Object t, EventArgs e) +31
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
    EventArgs e) +68
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3035
    Rob Dob, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Rob Dob

    Jayme Pechan Guest

    You're only scratching the surface Rob. This compiler still feels like beta
    software especially for code migrations. You can't even include some header
    files because dependant headers aren't in Visual Studio (see tapi3.h). On
    top of it crashing on me all the time when I'm not even working in it,
    totally destroying my web application when I attempted an upgrade, and
    mysteriously making half of my C++ programs unable to compile any longer
    (sometimes they compile fine except in release mode), I'd have to say that
    I'm looking frequently for the first service pack.

    Jayme Pechan, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Rob Dob

    Mantorok Guest

    Yep - it's a piss poor release - not much better than the Beta - Forms seems
    to be ok but ASP.Net is a frigging nightmare.

    Have you had the one where VS just simply dissappears without any errors -
    just wipes itself clean from memory with zero explanation?

    I'm very dissapointed in this release as I was looking forward to it.

    Kev

    Mantorok, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Rob Dob

    Rob Dob Guest

    Hi,

    I just love it.. I figured I would go through some of the ASP.NET tutorials
    posted at: ( ASP.NET )

    http://66.129.71.130/QuickStartv20/aspnet/samples/tipstricks/CrossPagePostBack_vb.aspx

    guess I will have to wait as these pages also give an error.. I bet at one
    time they use to be working...,

    Anyway does anyone have any idea on what I can do to resolve my problem
    below, or is it just something that I will have to wait for Microsoft to
    resolve?

    I can't help but remember that in my anticipation for the release of VS2005
    reading a blurb on the Microsoft site about how it was only going to be
    scheduled for release upon them getting it right. Guess they did...

    thanks,

    Rob Dob, Nov 28, 2005
  5. Rob Dob

    Rob Dob Guest

    Hi,

    I had this problem, my application disappearing from memory, no trace of
    it, as if you never even lauched it.. This was a c++ MFc application,
    anyway it turned out to be an "Exception causing an Exception"

    thanks for your in input, but this is darn frustrating.

    Rob Dob, Nov 28, 2005
  6. Rob Dob

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:00:48 -0500, "Rob Dob"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I just love it.. I figured I would go through some of the ASP.NET tutorials
    >posted at: ( ASP.NET )
    >
    >http://66.129.71.130/QuickStartv20/aspnet/samples/tipstricks/CrossPagePostBack_vb.aspx
    >
    >guess I will have to wait as these pages also give an error.. I bet at one
    >time they use to be working...,

    I'll see if I can ping someone to get this fixed. It looks like it's
    not an ASP.NET problem but someone put in some bad code.

    >Anyway does anyone have any idea on what I can do to resolve my problem
    >below, or is it just something that I will have to wait for Microsoft to
    >resolve?

    When you say you "compile" the web site - what menu command are you
    using? The Build command?

    Something I'd try is to delete everything under the "Temporary ASP.NET
    Files" directory to make sure compilation is starting from scratch.
    I'd also check in the designer to make sure adapter still has all the
    proper SQL queries inside.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
    Scott Allen, Nov 28, 2005
  7. Rob Dob

    Rob Dob Guest

    Hi,

    thanks,

    I have clean out everything within the VSWebCace, and still the same error,
    do you have any other suggestions:

    System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any
    resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.
    Make sure "MyApp.wanted.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into
    assembly "App_Web_pnwplmtv" at compile time, or that all the satellite

    Rob Dob, Nov 29, 2005
  8. Rob Dob

    Rob Dob Guest

    Wow! Terrific!!

    Rob Dob, Nov 30, 2005
  9. Rob Dob

    Charlie Tame Guest

    This is very interesting. I started learning C# because in 2003.net and the
    2005 betas I seemed to be making progress. With the full version a lot of
    stuff simply doesn't seem to work as well as it used to, but hey I'm only
    learning and not a serious programmer by any means so I assume it's me
    forgetting stuff etc.

    Maybe it's not just me then eh?

    Charlie

    Charlie Tame, Dec 1, 2005
  10. If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll see that this is still running
    the beta. By the way, go to www.asp.net for an update version of the
    QuickStarts.
    --
    Christopher A. Reed