    because it's not being treated as a webapp, it's messing my source
    control up ....

    thanks guys

    Jethro, Oct 14, 2008

  2. It depends. If this is .NET 2.0, you simply open the directory as a website
    (or create the website, pointed to the directory, in IIS and open it). You
    can then save off the solution. There is no project file for .NET 2.0.

    If 1.x, you are better to create a new web site and import existing file on
    each of the files. Either than or create your own project file in an XML
    editor. I do not recommend the later approach.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 14, 2008

  3. "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > It depends. If this is .NET 2.0, you simply open the directory as a
    > website (or create the website, pointed to the directory, in IIS and open
    > it). You can then save off the solution. There is no project file for .NET
    > 2.0.
    >
    > If 1.x, you are better to create a new web site and import existing file
    > on each of the files. Either than or create your own project file in an
    > XML editor. I do not recommend the later approach.

    I'm sure that what Gregory means is that VS2005 SP1 provides two ways to
    create an ASP.NET application: the original Web Application Project, created
    by using File->New Project, and a Web Site, created by using File->New Web
    Site. A Web Site is not a project and has no project file. That is one of
    many reasons why I recommend against them in most cases.

    John Saunders, Oct 15, 2008
  4. In general, either works if you publish, but I tend to gravitate to projects
    rather than sites, as well.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 16, 2008