VS2005, Port problem

Han

Hi

In debug mode, my asp.net page works under port: 13064 which is
automatically set by the program. However when I browse to my asp.net page
without the port number, error. How can I set the port as 80. I've searched
the port number on my config folder without success.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

Make a website on your web server instead of using the default. By default
VS 2005 sets up the web outside of the web server and uses "Cassini"
(actually an updated version of the "Cassini" bits which can be downloaded
from www.asp.net) to bootstrap. This is great for people without a web
server and great for debugging. It is not good for surfing the site.

If you have a web server, create a new website. Then, when you get to choose
location, set it for IIS or FrontPage. I forget whether you hit an
"advanced" button, or what, but you have that option. Once the web is set up
on a full fledged web server, you do not have problems.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Scott Allen

Hi Han:

I do not believe there is a way to force VS2005 to a specific port.
The web server it runs is only useful for debugging and doesn't
respond to web requests other than from the local machine, and it can
pick a different port number each time it starts.

You can, however, put your project under a virtual directory in IIS
and point the IDE there.

There are newsgroups dedicated to VS2005, you should take this
question here:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=whidbey&slcid=us

Han

Thanks guys.

I discovered vs2005 automaticall/coercivelly set different port numbers
whenever I create an website with asp.net. No option in the mean time. No
problem accessing the page with port number from outside, at least as I
believe. Try at http://0000.info. Maybe that's beta's behavior. OK, I
decided to let the port thing as is until the commercial version comes.