VS2005 Strange: The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols loaded for this document.

Roberto Rasto

I can't debug a Web Application with VS2005.
I can insert a brakpoint on any class, but I can't debug any page.
An breakpoint on a page code results in the error:

The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols loaded for this
document.

I have searched on internet for more than 2 hours, but nothing solve my
problem.
I ran aspnet_regiis -u then aspnet_regiis -i
I recreate the application on IIS mmc
I deleted any file on
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
I don't know if is a problem of the configuration of the project or a
configuration of the machine.

Please, help me, because I don't know what I have to do anymore.

Thanks a lot.

Roberto

LVP

can you debug any project at all
are you in release and not debug mode.

n the VS2005 IDE, Open Tools/Options and Select the Debugging node. Make
sure the "Enable Just My Code (Managed Only)" is deselected. Even after
deselecting this option you may still see the error until you start the
preview and the libraries load into memory.

When I start VS 2005 (run as administrator mode -> right click on VS 2005
icon) it supports debugging / breakpoints and runs well, whereas If I start
it directly by double clicking VS 2005 icon debugging doesn't works for web
applications.

This won't fix your problem, but a brute force workaround is to put a line
in your code such as:

System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch

That will force the extension to stop and ask you to pick your favourite
debugger.

all from
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1726952&SiteID=17

LVP