VS2005 - UI can't load or find the DAL - What's up with that?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dbuchanan, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. dbuchanan

    dbuchanan Guest

    Hello,

    Why can't my application recognize or find the data layer. These are
    the design-time and runtime errors I receive.

    \\
    "One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors
    are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project,
    while others may require code changes.

    The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT:
    0x80070002)"
    //

    In the Error list it appears this way
    \\
    "Could not load file or assembly 'QmsDataLayer.dll' or one of its
    dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
    //

    The dll is there. I have been using it all night. I made no changes to
    it. Now I get this error.

    I've rebuilt, closed, reopened. It is still located where it should be.

    However, If follow the following three steps the form and code will run
    again... for a while.

    1.) I comment out this button code...
    \\
    Protected Overrides Sub btnOK_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object,
    ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnOK.Click
    If _bAlreadyRun Then
    'do nothing
    'This is not needed because we close the form before that
    can happen
    Else
    'Save to Quote table
    InsertIntoQuote()
    'Save to Version table
    'UpdateDatasourceTable(_dataSet1.tbl010Quote)
    insertIntoVersion()
    'Update the database
    'UpdateDatasourceTable(_dataSet1.tbl020Version)
    _bAlreadyRun = True
    End If
    Me.Close()
    End Sub
    //

    2.) I close all the code and forms

    3.) I rebuild, close the IDE, and reopen.

    Then it will run a few more times... then I will get an error again.

    What is going on?

    Any thoughts or suggestions?

    Thank you,
    dbuchanan
    dbuchanan, Dec 9, 2005

  2. dbuchanan

    BN81

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Could not load file or assembly 'DAL'....

    I'm also having the same problem that I tried to integrate DAL (data access layer) with BLL (business logic layer) by referencing the DAL assembly in the web.config of the BLL project. However, I got this warning when I build the solution...

    Could not load file or assembly 'DAL, version=1.0.0.0, Culture= neutral, PublicKeyToken= c6f948189215cf81' or one of its dependencies. The system can not find the file specified.

    Could U pls assist us in solving this problem asap??

    Thanks a lot...
    BN81, Nov 8, 2006