    authentication provider mechanism?

    Many Thanks

    Regards

    John, May 16, 2008

  2. "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > What are the benefits of developing asp.net apps with vs2008/.net 3.5 over
    > vs2005/.net 2.0?

    First, the IDE is a bit more responsive. Second, you have a better surface,
    if you have to design. There are also additional bits to simplify your
    development, like LINQ, etc.

    >Are any improvements been made in vs 2008 to the authentication provider
    >mechanism?

    None that I know of.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 16, 2008

  3. John

    sloan Guest

    Silverlight 2.0 (in beta).

    Check some samples, it rocks the suburbs.

    sloan, May 16, 2008
  4. There are benefits in VS 2008,
    A lot of new features in .NET 3.5 over 2.0

    But VS2008 is not ready yet.... I used VS2008 Express version and had bunch
    of problems that make it hard to work with...
    Like hanging for 10 minutes occasionally..

    Got frustrated and reverted my project back to VS2005.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, May 16, 2008
  5. John

    Tina Guest

    We went back to vs2005 because vs2008 was "going mad" and clobbering the
    html in our aspx pages. The specific behavior was when using the wizard
    interface. It actually moved fields around. If you throw a table onto the
    design surface and then drag the columns and rows around in visual mode to
    size them it puts your whole table on one line, capitalizes the tds, trs,
    etc. Makes a mess of everyting. We will look again after a service pak.
    Gary

    Tina, May 16, 2008
  6. John

    Alex Meleta Guest

    Alex Meleta, May 17, 2008
  7. ....and here's a handy list of new features in VS 2008 SP1 :

    http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive...udio-2008-and-net-framework-3-5-sp1-beta.aspx

    Foremost on my list :

    Visual Web Developer Express 2008 SP1 now supports
    Web Application Projects (WAP) and Class Library Projects.

    This enables both ASP.NET MVC as well as Silverlight 2 development from Express!

    ....and Classic ASP development is back!

    Neat !

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, May 17, 2008