VS2005 wants to check-in pdb files

Guest

When I build my web site (debug build), the bin folder contains pdb files for
every referenced assembly (also part of my solution). When opening the
"pending checkins" window, all DLLs and PDBs in the bin folder are listed for
checkin.

Should I checkin these files, or how can I prevent VS from showing them in
the pending checkins window?

Thanks,
Martin

Karl Seguin

This is a bug in the beta ...check out:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/13/422476.aspx

and note the:

Concern #1: Source control checks in binaries in the \bin directory.

Update: Just to clarrify -- this behavior was never by design (since it
makes source control extremely painful to use), but was rather a
late-regression in the beta2 tree that wasn't caught in time to fix before
beta2 was released. This has been fixed since then and will not occur in the
final product.

Karl