VS2008, Framework 2 and pre-installed AJAX: dilemma

Newcomsas

Hello.
I have got a little dilemma to solve about AJAX and VS2008.
At the moment I'm working on a C# ASP.NET web site in VS2008 environment.
The machine that is going to host the site runs with Win2000 OS so it is not
possible to install the .NET Framework 3.5 on it.
Since I'd like to use .NET AJAX in some pages, I was wondiring if the
pre-installed version of it (labeld 3.5 whe you pass with the mouse over the
controls) can preserve compatibility with Framework 2.
Is there anyone who can suggest me wich is the better solution for this
scenario ? Shall I install the previous version of AXAX ? Does it work with
VS2008 ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Newcomsas

Erjan Gavalji

Hi,

Visual Studio 2008 is perfectly capable of running ASP.NET 2.0 sites (just
choose .NET Framework 2.0 from the Property Pages -> Build section).

There is ust a small thing I am not sure of - the specific ASP.NET
Extensions (AJAX) 1.x settings in the web.config file. You might need to add
them manually, as the New ASP.NET AJAX website template (shipped with the
ASP.NET Extensions 1.x) might not be installed to the VS 2008 IDE.

Cheers,
Erjan