-----Original Message-----
From: Cirene [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:21 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: VS2008 - how deploy a site?
Subject: VS2008 - how deploy a site?

What is the best way to deploy a website created with VS 2008? (Now
that
web deployment projects are delayed.)

I want to be able to modify the web.config file on the website.

Thanks!

Cirene

Sorry. But, I think this is a new thread. I am wondering the best (or
standard/recommended) way to deploy a NEW website using VS 2008? (The other
thread had to do with existing VS 2005 websites that are already deployed.)

Thanks!

Dave Bush

For right now, you'll have to settle for old fashion xcopy/ftp or the
"Build > Publish" menu item. Other than that, wait a week or so while
they get the deploy project working for us again.

Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:08 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: VS2008 - how deploy a site?

Sorry. But, I think this is a new thread. I am wondering the best (or
standard/recommended) way to deploy a NEW website using VS 2008? (The
other
thread had to do with existing VS 2005 websites that are already
deployed.)

Thanks!

Dave Bush said:
How about keeping this to one thread?