VS2008 / IIS - cannot debug

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by musosdev, Aug 6, 2008.

  1. musosdev

    musosdev Guest

    Hi

    I've just swapped a project over from VS2005 / .net 2.0 to VS2008 / .net
    3.5, but I can no longer debug in Visual Studio.

    My project is setup to use IIS7 (I'm running on Vista), rather than the
    Internal Web Server.

    However, when I hit F5, I get a HUGE dialog box telling me "unable to start
    debugging on the web server". If I hit CTRL-F5, I can see that I actually get
    a HTTP 500.19 error which says...

    "The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration
    data for the page is invalid"

    Error Code: 0x80070005
    Config Error: Cannot read configuration file tue to insufficient permissions

    I've read the following KB article : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942055
    and checked the permissions of both my project's web.config and the IIS
    applicationhost.config, and both have computername\IIS_IUSRS listed in
    securitiy with Read access.

    Can someone enlighten me as to what else might be going on. The app code is
    on the same machine as my IIS, so I don't think it's a UNC problem!?

    Help!!

    Tnx, Dan

    musosdev, Aug 6, 2008

  2. musosdev