vsdico file not recognised

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Erick, Jun 18, 2008.

  1. Erick

    Erick Guest

    hi spent some time trying to get dynamic discovery working but with no
    luck. All articles say it's easy
    however when I point VS2005 and my web site so that it can use the
    default.vsdisco file to tell me where all the web services are it does
    not recognise the .vsdisco file extention.

    I have already added the following to the web conig at the web site
    top level

    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="*.vsdisco"
    type="System.Web.Services.Discovery.DiscoveryRequestHandler,System.Web.Services,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>

    I have also added default.vsdisco to my default document for this web
    site

    Can some one point me in the right direction on what else needs to be
    done. Simple HTML "hello world" page can be read from this location
    by VS. But the default.vsdisco files simple opens up and tell me that

    The document at the url http://deptwebservicesdev/default.vsdisco was
    not recognized as a known document type.

    thanks in advance

    Erick, Jun 18, 2008