vsdico file not recognised

Erick

hi spent some time trying to get dynamic discovery working but with no
luck. All articles say it's easy
however when I point VS2005 and my web site so that it can use the
default.vsdisco file to tell me where all the web services are it does
not recognise the .vsdisco file extention.

I have already added the following to the web conig at the web site
top level

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.vsdisco"
type="System.Web.Services.Discovery.DiscoveryRequestHandler,System.Web.Services,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
validate="false"/>
</httpHandlers>

I have also added default.vsdisco to my default document for this web
site

Can some one point me in the right direction on what else needs to be
done. Simple HTML "hello world" page can be read from this location
by VS. But the default.vsdisco files simple opens up and tell me that

The document at the url http://deptwebservicesdev/default.vsdisco was
not recognized as a known document type.

thanks in advance