VSDISCO/WebReference Woes

Shaun Wilson

I have two webservices Service1.asmx and Service2.asmx and a client library
that has two web references to each. I find it inelegant that I have to
maintain two web references for each webservice I am exposing. For example,
although both web services exist on the same webserver and in the same
folder I cannot get them to appear as such in client code because the code
generator generates a local namespace based on the webref names.

What I'm hoping is that a single web reference can be created that
encompasses 2 or more service objects such that client code can access all
web service proxies from the same namespace, and so that I only have to
update one web reference when the server interfaces changes.

I've tried using a vsdisco according to MSDN but i get a file not found
error when I try and navigate to the /default.vsdisco location on the
webserver, there is no such file at this location. I assume I do not have to
add a file since the purpose of *.vsdisco is dynamic discovery of
webservices exposed by the webserver.

I'm also assuming that with a vsdisco file I will get a single web reference
with multiple webservices, thus solving my problem above.

Any help/insight is appreciated, thanks.
Shaun Wilson