vsdisco with Web Services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by tludwig, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. tludwig

    tludwig Guest

    I am having problems getting the vsdisco file to be automatically
    generated through Visual Studio .net when I create a web service.

    What am I missing?

    I have tried browsing to the locahost/Web Service/service1.asmx?disco
    in thinking it would generate it then.

    I also try adding the following line to machine.config:

    <add verb="*" path="*.vsdisco" type="System.Web.Services.Discovery.
    DiscoveryRequestHandler, System.Web.Services, Version=1.0.3300.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>

    Still no luck. I did not think that would fix it but am running out of
    ideas. Is there a config I am missing?

    Thanks.

    Tim
    tludwig, Oct 14, 2003